Weekly Teachings by Erik Momsen
by Erik Momsen
This is the day that took the Roman world. This is the day we are living for. This is the prize that makes all worldly wealth worthless. This is the day that takes all pain away. This is Sunday - the day the Son rose.
"Do not be frightened. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen, He is not here. Behold the place where they laid Him. But go tell His disciples and Peter that He goes before you into Galilee. There you will see Him, as He said to you." (Mark 16:6,7)
WHY IS DEATH SO BITTER?
We nearly always want more life / it separates us / it is a lie against God's plan for us / it seems to kill all hope / it seems to kill the future.
We were made for eternal life.
RESURRECTION FACTS - 1 Corinthians 15
- DEAD / BURIED / RESURRECTED / WITNESSED
"Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures; and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the Twelve. Afterward He was seen by over five hundred brothers at once, of whom the greater part remain until this present day, but also some fell asleep. Afterward He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. And last of all He was seen by me also." (v3-8)
- XP IS RAISED - YOU ARE RAISED - SINS ARE FORGIVEN
"For if the dead are not raised, then Christ is not raised. And if Christ is not raised, your faith is foolish; you are yet in your sins. Then also those that fell asleep in Christ were lost. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." (v16-19)
- THE GREAT EXCHANGE
"But now Christ has risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruit of those who slept. For since death is through man, the resurrection of the dead also is through a Man. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first-fruit, and afterward they who are Christ's at His coming;" (v20-23)
- Christ leads the way - defeats death & lives.
- Breaks Adams curse.
- Christ the firstfruit of the grave - then us 2nd-fruit at his 2nd-coming.
WHAT'S THE NEW BODY LIKE?
"But someone will say, How are the dead raised up, and with what body do they come? Foolish one! What you sow is not made alive unless it dies. And what you sow, you do not sow the body that is going to be, but a bare grain (perhaps of wheat or of some of the rest). And God gives it a body as it has pleased Him, and to each of the seeds its own body." (v35-38)
"It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body." (v44)
"And according as we bore the image of the earthy man , we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man." (v49)
- What did Jesus look like when he was raised?
- He appeared and disappeared - He ate fish - they could feel Him - He also confused them - He looked different.
- We will be similar!!!
- The old body dies - it has no value.
- We will have new spiritual bodies like Jesus still has today.
- Remember He ascended into the clouds in His body and will return in the same way.
TIMES-UP --- THE LAST TRUMPET
"Behold, I speak a mystery to you; we shall not all fall asleep, but we shall all be changed; in a moment, in a glance of an eye, at the last trumpet. For a trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall all be changed. ... then will take place the word that is written, 'Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory?' The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (v51-58)
- At your death all time stops for you, like God, are outside of time.
- The very next thing you will know is hearing the last trumpet and you being raised - you will not wait - how can you wait without time?
- Those still alive will see you raised first - they being changed and we will all meet in the sky as God makes a new heaven and new earth.
"Χριστός ἀνέστη!" - "Christ is Risen!"
Alithos Anesti ("Ἀληθῶς ἀνέστη! " - "Truly He is Risen!" or "He Has Risen Indeed!
Date Added: 2011-04-28
Go to Weekly Teachings by Erik Momsen